ThiefMD is a Markdown editor and file manager inspired by Ulysses. It is Open Source and based off of other great open source software.
It is my primary way of attempting to learn Vala and filling in the gap of applications I miss from macOS.
ThiefMD aims to make large Markdown projects manageable. I’ve always wanted to write a novel, and thehopefully ThiefMD will help me get there.
ThiefMD currently supports
- Folder Import
- Markdown Syntax Highlighting
- Organization of Folders and Files
- Search individual files (
Ctrl+F) or the entire library (
- Live Preview
- Export Preview
- Folder Export to PDF, DocX, ePub and more
- Import and Conversion of Ulysses Themes to GtkSourceView Styles
- Matching the UI to the selected theme
- Type-Writer Scrolling
- Focus Mode
- Import DocX, ePUB, HTML, and more to Markdown
Explore even more features?
Great software is built on the shoulders of giants.
- Basic markdown syntax support
- Creation and Deletion of Files
- Library Management
- Adding Existing Folders
- Creating sub folders
- Removing folders
- Moving markdown files between folders
- Ordering of markdown files and folders
- Light/Dark/User Themes
- Export a file or folders
- Compilation and preview of multiple files while maintaining order
- Keep undo history tied to files
- Additional export and preview themes
- Writing Statistics
Later on Markdown Support (Soon to Come)
- Load multiple files into Editor View
- Timed sessions with typing statistics
- Git-Backed Projects
The photo of Wheat is by Matt Hoffman, more Wheat by Jonas Zürcher, and even more wheat by Gaelle Marcel.